Building a Gaming Computer....Tell me what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little $.02

That power supply is way too much
a full system under load with 3 8800 ultras and a quad core draws about 600 watts. If you think you are going to have something that adds 400 over that in the next 3 years, you are mad. the ones that are listed before are adequate. I would rather you go 750 watts with ample amperage on the rails

As for the processor, step down to the q6600, save your money, no use going with the q6700. then use that money in a year or two and step up to whatever is better than.

dude ultras are old school,,,and he's just going to through money at what ever is expensive. He is going to get 2 gt200's when they come out and that psu is still over kill for them but he wont
listen.

EDIT arg....yes noniy they are 800 but perform better, and over clock better....and have better cooling.

go do some research...before you just jump right into a build not knowing what your buying.

talking about me?

ok getting the ram, and

about the 8800gts's

i probably wont buy the new series for 6months - a year

and the 8800gts will run fine for me for quite a while

yes noniy...

drop down to a 750tx, it is enough for two of the card you will get in a year and do some home work. Im saying this as a fellow techie for you know what you are buying.

what the 2 gts's,,, on what res?they will be able to play it on high at 1920 but aa is another story...but even with it it will still be playable.

I don't know......

ill just think about this and get back to you tomorrow, got to go to bed anyways, thanks for your advice thus far though.

dude ultras are old school,,,and he's just going to through money at what ever is expensive. He is going to get 2 gt200's when they come out and that psu is still over kill for them but he wont
listen.

EDIT arg....yes noniy they are 800 but perform better, and over clock better....and have better cooling.

go do some research...before you just jump right into a build not knowing what your buying.

The reason I used the 8800 ultras is 3 of them is the most he will draw for power as a GPU setup. So I was showing him about the max he should expect to draw. by comparison a 8800gts sli setup draws about 350watts compared to the 600watts I listed.

^^yes but he says he want to get 2 new cards that come out in Q3 of this year about 6 months after they come out....so he might want to get the 750tx to be safe.

ok i have decided that ill still get the 8800gts's but wait about 1 year after the new graphics series come out to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom