msconfig question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celticsfan

Banned
Under services, which services absolutely need to be started and which ones can I uncheck that are not necessary at startup?

thanks

PS--OS is XP Pro.

Well that depends. What do you want starting at boot? The Microsoft services i would leave as those are very touchy to turn off. Other than that google for what each service is and if you do not want it starting at boot. Turn it off.

Well that depends. What do you want starting at boot? The Microsoft services i would leave as those are very touchy to turn off. Other than that google for what each service is and if you do not want it starting at boot. Turn it off.

Yes, the many I had questions about were the MS ones, so I guess I should leave as is then, huh?

Thanks Mak.

Startup programs i usually click disable all none of the services there are important but if you have an anti virus make sure you keep that checked. Services are another story those can be touchy if you disable the wrong ones but startup programs ive never had a problem.

The services are very touchy. As disabling just one service can cause the OS not to even boot.

Thanks for the link. Will make sure to add it to my reference bookmarks...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom