Windows XP Pro Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sox18

Baseband Member
I was having a problem with XP Pro so I formatted and decided to install Ubuntu which loaded perfectly fine...So I swiped it again and decided to try to dual boot both ubuntu and XP pro but now my XP pro will load the users screen, i'll login and less than 3 minutes it will crash with this error.

0x000000D1 (0x00000062A, 0X00000006,0x00000000, 0xF74A2AFB)

si3112r.sys--Adress F74A2AFB base at F749B000, Date Stamp 3ed7e3b9,''

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. Drivers that have used improper addresses typically cause this error.

Drivers are using improper memory addresses. Check for buggy device drivers.

Note: Stop 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL messages are very similar to 0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL messages and the same troubleshooting principles apply. If you cannot resolve your 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL then try the 0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL section.

Stop error message when you run a filter driver that calls the "CmRegisterCallback" routine to register a "RegistryCallback" routine on a Windows XP SP2-based computer: "STOP: 0x0000000A"

On a Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)-based computer, you run a filter driver that calls the CmRegisterCallback routine to register a RegistryCallback routine. In this situation, Windows XP with SP2 may crash. When this problem occurs, you receive a stop error message that resembles the following:

STOP: 0x0000000A (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4)
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop message 0x000000D1 Descriptive text: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Usual cause: An attempt was made to touch pageable memory at a process internal request level (IRQL) that was too high. This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses. Kernel-mode drivers are forbidden to access pageable memory at a high IRQL.

Solution:

Use the Online Crash Analysis tool at the Microsoft Web site. You can use this tool to send error reports to Microsoft and track their status by using your Microsoft Passport information. You can access the Online Crash Analysis Web site by using the Error Reporting service or by using your Web browser. When it is enabled, the Error Reporting service monitors your system for kernel and user mode faults that are related to operating system components and applications. With kernel-mode reporting, you can obtain more information about the problem or condition that caused the Stop error. For more information, see System and program error reporting overview.

Use the File Signature Verification tool, which identifies unsigned drivers and incompatible system files on your computer. The system files and device driver files that are provided with the Windows Server 2003 family have a Microsoft digital signature, which indicates that the files are original, unaltered system files or that they have been approved by Microsoft for use with Windows. For more information, see Using File Signature Verification.

Use Device Manager to roll back to a previous version of the driver. For more information, see Roll back to the previous version of a driver.

Disable the driver identified in the Stop message or any newly installed drivers.

If the computer will not start normally, try starting it in Last Known Good Configuration or in Safe Mode, and then remove or disable newly added programs or drivers. For information about how to start your computer in Safe Mode, see Start the computer in Safe Mode. For more information about how to start your computer in Last Known Good Configuration, see Start the computer using the last known good configuration.

Important
•

When you use Last Known Good Configuration, system setting changes made after the last successful startup are lost.

Confirm that your hardware is designed for the Windows Server 2003 family by clicking the appropriate link in Support resources.

The only problem with the solutions is that I cannot stay in XP longer than 2 or 3 minutes without it crashing to the blue screen. I was able to just barely get in and turn auto-restart off.

Hmm.

Memtest 86 +, google it, download it, burn the .iso to a disk, boot off of it on the problem PC, let run for a minimum of four hours.

You will need to use another PC to do the downloading and burning.

Thanks guys, I'll run it through tonight. More than likely i'll just end up formatting and running ubuntu on it, I'll be starting the build of my new pc when the parts come by wednesday.

it can be many things. a ram error, something plugged in the wrong pci slot, corrupt files, etc.

your problem might be sata driver related. do you have an asus mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom