Time for a new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

hickfarm

In Runtime
Well this is what i was thinking about getting.
I have been thinking about buying a new pc for a while and believe these are the best parts for the money at the moment. Although just poking around other threads i have seen people saying to wait for the 4870 and that crossfire does way better than sli. But anyways i will probably wait till after May to get these thing. But i am pretty sure i will be getting the q6600. Although i heard Intel likes to slash prices around June. Is this true? If so i can wait. Oh also i was going to get 2 sets of that ram for a grand total of 4 gigs.

Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors

Oh and this is a TV tuner, I think it is one of the better ones, i am getting for my current pc that i am going to turn into a Media center. Specs done below. I am going to keep the zalman 9700 for my next build and i have an ocz 700 watt psu for this new build that i also already have. Anyways any suggestions would be helpful.

Newegg.com - Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1800 MCE Kit 1128 NTSC/ATSC/QAM/FM TV Tuner Card w/MCE Remote - TV Tuners & Video Devices

Honestly...for the price of ram these days, go ahead and pick up a 2x2 kit instead.

And i would swap out to the evga 750i FTW board rather than the asus. The evga board has all solid caps and 6 stage pwm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom