Building a Gaming computer.... Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok but for both Graphic cards can they act as one into a single monitor?

and if they can wouldn't it be the same for the 9800 gx2, which is only $50 more then both graphics card price put together.

of coarse they can. It's called SLI. You run two cards together and they work together to fill in the pixels on a game. 8800GTS 512's in SLI will destroy a single 9800 Gx2....you won't need any more than that.

do me a favor and stay around these forums and read up for a little while before you buy your computer...then make sure you get your build approved by someone like me to make sure you don't spend more than you need. Just understand you should only have to spend 2k on average to destroy any game on ultra high...even crysis.

Sora's build looks good...get a 650tx instead or the 750...drop to the q6600 also.

Since this is your first build don't get water cooling...it will be a good build without it...and water cooling is only really needed when doing some high ocing and i doubt a first time builder would be doing.

Edit: just post your final list in this thread.

Edit: missed cpu cooling...grab a Xigmatek rifle and mx-2 thermal paste

If you are going to build a "high" end professional gaming PC.. then I recommend you *wait* the GT200 10 Series will be here soon and I can guarantee, based on what I have seen on some websites and Googling for 2 hours, that these cards will totally blow the 9 series out of the water... I am waiting on my 9800GX2's for these newer cards... They are going to be sweeeet...

I think that you will be disappointed if you don't at least wait a while, I would.. The GX2's can hardly handle crysis.. one at about 24FPS and two at about what.. 43FPS? and when you turn on AA4X... lol well.. you know how that goes...

IF the GT200 cards = as good as I hear they are going to be THAN Crysis = No More...
On Error Resume NEXT
IF Crysis >= GT200 THAN Crysis = *Slay with sword*
ELSE IF
GT200 > Crysis THAN Crysis = *Dead*
END IF

PRINT "Crysis is:" Crysis; " Bow chicka wow wow..."

Quote:RedMoon: (If you have friends) - Lol

Also if you are going to SLI and you want a high end gaming build i recommend at least a 28" or maybe 2x 19".

I mean if you willing to spend $5k on a computer why not have a ridiculous screen size that all your friends can cry over. (if you have friends)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom