Software that wipes HD of data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DBAN is indeed good for permanent drive wiping, heh. Best way for permanent data removal tho is a hammer + a blowtorch to the platters =P.

nails work well also. But seeing as we have to deal with hipaa regs, we just pull all oru drives and have them shredded.

It seems okay. Never heard of it till now. I still prefer GParted. But since you cant use it then yeah. But i would try to "find" Acronis Disk Director. Much better IMHO.

It seems okay. Never heard of it till now. I still prefer GParted. But since you cant use it then yeah. But i would try to "find" Acronis Disk Director. Much better IMHO.

Mak, The same cd I put gparted on, I used on another PC and it worked fine but still won't work on my other PC, doesn't that sound strange?

Mak, The same cd I put gparted on, I used on another PC and it worked fine but still won't work on my other PC, doesn't that sound strange?
Yes that does sound very strange. Dont know what to say other than try some more options.

I'd have to ask, but due to all the regs and stuff, we have boxes and boxes of drives that we are going to have to personally haul down to the facility and "verify" the destruction. Its a local place though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom