My First Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duskmourn

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I'm having a bit of a problem deciding on a new laptop. It'll be my first, and I don't know much about them, so I was hoping you could help me out =p

I'll be taking this to my classes and work, so I'll need good battery life. I don't have a desktop computer, so I'll need it to be able to play games on. (Not ridiculously high graphic games, at most things like Warhammer: Age of Reckoning when it comes out). I'd like Windows Vista, as well.

I don't want to spend more than 2500.

I'd also like your thoughts on the Alienware Area 51 M15X. I've configured one to exactly what I want for like 2300, but with all the completely opposite reviews, I don't know what to think. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Actually, I'll probably be bringing it with me wherever I go.

Well that is a decent laptop but you are really paying extra for the name. I would look into a Dell XPS. Dell own Alienware now as well so you should be able to get the same specs or close. Levono is also good. HP are decent.

I personally own a Dell Inspiron 1501 and love it. I would suggest something like that.

Come on dont start this Vista hating now. He said he wants Vista. That is all we need to know.

For $2000 you can get a really nice HP. I have a new dv9700t with Vista Ultimate 64, it's incredible! It has a big wide 17" screen, a full size keyboard with number pad, an nVidia GeForce 8600M GS chipset with 512MB dedicated RAM, 3GB main system RAM, 250GB SATA hard drive, WiFi a/g/n wireless, Gigabit Ethernet, and tons of other stuff (fingerprint scanner, integrated webcam, media buttons, remote control, optional TV tuner, etc).

Come on dont start this Vista hating now. He said he wants Vista. That is all we need to know.

I had no intention of Vista hating, I was actually asking because I know a good deal on a laptop within his price range, with the correct specs but without Vista.

I think you should be careful how you interpret thinks Makaveli213.

No. I am saying because as a Mod i am trying to prevent the whole Vista vs. XP debates going on yet again. He said he wanted Vista if you knew of a good deal you should post that instead of asking a question which can spark up a very heated debate.

I had no intention of Vista hating, I was actually asking because I know a good deal on a laptop within his price range, with the correct specs but without Vista.

I think you should be careful how you interpret thinks Makaveli213.

Mak was doing his job as a mod, in the past we have seen some very heated debaits on the XP vs Vista issue. Mak is not just a friend of mine he is also a windows expert so please don't question his judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom