Zalman

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhgunit

Daemon Poster
Why doesn't anyone on these board like or recommend Zalman? With my OC'ed X2 6000+ I am at 32*idle/42*load.

i love my zalman too. i recommend it whenever i can.
the af64 can be had for a lot less...that's why it gets suggested so much more. but, IMO...the zalman looks like a fine piece of engineering, whilst the af64 looks like a big chunk of ****. lol. just my opinion. looks count sometimes. and i think it cools a couple degrees better, too.

Price is a major factor. When I can grab a Xigmatek Rifle 120mm that keeps my system just as cold or colder than your reported temps with a Zalman, and my Xigmatek is only $40, why would I recommend a more expensive and (in my experience) less performing cooler?

I use Zalman. Problem is that many coolers on the market have surpassed their current offerings. I am looking forward to Zalman putting out a new crop of coolers.

Price is a major factor. When I can grab a Xigmatek Rifle 120mm that keeps my system just as cold or colder than your reported temps with a Zalman, and my Xigmatek is only $40, why would I recommend a more expensive and (in my experience) less performing cooler?

Yeah, and a Zalman can be had for $15 more. Not that big of a price difference, when I can get something I know and trust will work.

And I agree with other poster, I think the Xigmatek Rifle looks like a hunk of crap.

No one said the Xigmatek Rifle looks like a hunk of crap. It is actually very stylish and you can add an LED fan to it.

It is also a very highly recommended and trusted cooler. Basically you are saying to spend $15 more for something that isn't as good, just because you personally have used them (not to mention that the higher Zalman's that would actually compare to the Xigmatek, like yours, are $30 more, not $15). But, what you really should do is buy the cheaper (and better) cooler that many others have used. Not to mention it's a lot easier to install than a Zalman.

I agree with surgeVel. There is no reason to buy a Zalam cooler when there are better coolers that are significantly cheaper like the Xigmatek Rifle.

I remember a couple years ago when Zalman's were the things to have however they stayed the same price while others came out and beat them for a lot cheaper...ones that looked good even too.

I guess they just cost more to produce than they can drop the price, as trotter said we will see what new they have to offer soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom