Computer will not detect my MP3 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taf Jaf

Beta member
It started when I first bought my Zune. I try to install the sync program and it was going okay. During the installation, a windows update popped up and started to update. What added more to the fire, I went at her at ZuneMods.net :: View article - Zune Portable HDD Mod to try and convert my Zune into a portable HDD. I messed up and left the Zune still plugged in and when I try to reboot my computer, windows wouldn't boot. I went so safe mode and i saw "tehpwnrz.sys" trying to be initialized and i immediately did a force reboot. When the options showed again, I chose the "Last Known Working Configuration" option and got windows to work again. As Windows booted, I noticed that Zune icon was no longer there and whenever i tried to reinstall Zune, it would give me an error that it would complete the installation because some Driver problems. So when I manage to get around the error, Zune would no longer able to detect my device. I went back to the store to return the Zune and decided to stick to my old mp3 player, but now my old one isn't recognize anymore and it didnt require software to be install. So now I fear that my computer no longer be able to connect to any portable device. I really dont know what to do in my situation.

P.S. also a useless icon appears in My Computer label as Mobile Device and does not do anything.

Wel your only option is to try and delete those registry entries.

It tells you right in step 2 where they are located. Just delete the ones you added.

pic.png

I didn't add any new registries (that I know of) but i change the values back to normal but its not working though.

Here is the image of the my registry.

Well then i dont know what to tell you. Try installing your chipset drivers or doing a repair install.

Thanks for your help then, I'll google for those things since i dont have anything to do a total reformat on my laptop here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom