Cheapest Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
do u mean if your gonna run over 3.6 for everyday use or just overclocking it cz i seen Q6600 at 4.00

y not ultimate are u not recommending it cz of its price

yes if you are going to keep it past 3.6 everyday then the q6700 would be the better choice

I'm not recommending it because it only has a few little features (that you would prob not use much) over Home Premium but it costs like $80 more so it's not worth it.So there really is no point to get it unless you want to waste money that could have spent on better parts.

New Retail Prices:

Q6600 - $215
Q6700 - $280
QX6700 - $305

Dont know which one to pick

arg.....if you are going to keep it past 3.6 everyday then the q6700 would be the better choice...if you aren't then get the q6600.

QX6700 blows, even though its an extreme edition, its harder to overclock because it has the B3 Revision... which runs warmer, and consumes more power

QX6700 blows, even though its an extreme edition, its harder to overclock because it has the B3 Revision... which runs warmer, and consumes more power

yeah i just saw that so i might get a Q6600 or Q6700 depends on how much money im going to have

what intel motherboard do u guys suggest? one that i can overclock good

Intel:

NVIDIA:
780i
750i
680i
650i

The 650i and 680i are just not good for your set-up. if you really need SLI then I would buy a 750i as i heard the 780i didn't overclock well or something. I don't know though you would have to ask someone else...i don't know much about SLI mobo's as I don't care for them much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom