First nice computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
either setup would look bad *** with WoW, but i have 2 suggestions first do get a bigger monitor, and second get say..2 320gb hdds and set them up for a raid 0 config it would get better performance better load times...etc it is good for high end gaming

also, i'm looking for a cheap 19" WS narrowed it down to these two, both are 179.99
Acer AL1916WAbd Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor
Acer X193W+BD Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor <--can reach 1680x1050

The 500gb 7200.11 is one of the fastest hard drives available so the load times will already be good. In my opinion Raid0 is not worth the added complexity and increased risk of data loss.

As far as the monitors go get the higher resolution one.

The 500gb 7200.11 is one of the fastest hard drives available so the load times will already be good. In my opinion Raid0 is not worth the added complexity and increased risk of data loss.

As far as the monitors go get the higher resolution one.

I wouldn't get the higher resolution one since it would take away some graphic power.

Whatever you get, WoW is going to look fine. It's not that graphic intensive compared to like every other new game out and the hardware now can handle it no problem. I don't recommend basing your build around that game.

I agree with Puddle_Jumper, theres no real reason to get Raid 0. I did it with my Raptor X's when I first got them and honestly, I don't even remember the difference. I'm sure if you looked at some benchmarks, you would see a difference but is a second or two really worth the money and risk? 7200.11 drives are plenty fast.

With the OS thing, I say get Vista. I have been using it for a long time now and I have no trouble with it. In my opinion, I think it is finally a solid OS. Plus you get DX10.

I wouldn't get the higher resolution one since it would take away some graphic power.

At 1680x1050 an 8800gts 512mb should be able to max out every game except maybe Crysis.

I also think Vista is a better choice for an OS at this point. I have been using it for a couple of months now and have not had a single problem with it.

At 1680x1050 an 8800gts 512mb should be able to max out every game except maybe Crysis.

I also think Vista is a better choice for an OS at this point. I have been using it for a couple of months now and have not had a single problem with it.

A single 8800GTS 512 will max out most games right now with 50+ FPS however soon it won't and i just believe that 1440x900 is the sweet spot in gaming right now for performance and visual quality.

AS for Vista I am just going to wait for Windows 7 whenever it comes...Vista is like ME...no one cared for it becuase XP came and replaced it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom