cheap build project

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
well i'll try and make this quick

i've been planning my current build since last year and just on the verge of completing it so i've decided to put a bit of money into build i'll be building then giveing away to some one

i need a bit of help with it i need cheep as parts that will run very fast

just to say what i have / planning on doing with it, i have 4gb worth of 800mhz ram that i want to re use in this system (just for a excuse to buy 4gb of 1066mhz ram for my pc) and thats about it the pc is going to be used for basic ,and i mean real basic directx7 games that the person i know gets on the internet so basicly can get away with a x1990 or a 9600gt something basic like that

the other thing is it has to be a cheep system, the cheaper the better

my wish list would be a Q6600 (if possible with it), and a mobo that can handle 4 strips of 18b memory thats just the heads or tails of it

p.s. - the case has to be silver and black, have 2 5.25" drives and 1 3.5" drive bay

p.s.s. thanks for any help guys

Can you be a little bit more clear about what you are looking for? It is hard to tell from your post wether you are looking for assistance on your 'current build', or for help with the 'giveaway build'.......

If you are looking for help on a computer that will run Directx 7 games (You SURE it is 7, and not 9?).... any bottom of the barrel componenets you can find new today are more that good enough to run Dx7 apps. You could probably get away with it on integrated graphics too.... Directx7 was released in 1999.... during the times of the Nvidia NV10 & NV15, or ATI's R100.....

A 9600gt will run DX10 games. So if just basic stuff is what you are shooting for, grab a cheap Nvidia FX series card, like the 5500FX. Also, why a quad core if you are shooting for a basic machine? And 4GB? All these things point to a good range gaming rig and NOT a basic throw-away machine.

sorry guys it was just me (*brain in gear steve)

ok basically i have my current build sorted and in the bag and i'm just looking at a cheap pc to mess around with

basically it will possibly be a replacement for a p4 (at 3.0ghz) pc so i would like it to be better

the quad is just something that's there in my brain, there isn't a need for one at all and the 4gb of ram that is going in my current build, basically i am planning on replacing them with a set of 1066mhz and re-using these in some way

put simply my current build is sorted, i'm just looking at getting parts for a all round general pc that will use music, videos, a few games (dx8 / dx9 / dx10 what ever) and just basically internet use that i am planning on putting together myself

i just need thoughts and suggestions, and say £450 - £500 for the complete thing apart from the ram, i also NEED the os

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom