Computer won't boot up Windows - endless rebooting loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

sab3156

Baseband Member
My laptop won't boot up...

I am running Window XP, 32 bit.

Basically what is happening is that when I start the computer, it goes into the Windows XP screen, and it just blue screens and before I can read anything, it just reboots and starts all over again and the same thing happens....

What can be the cause?

-sab

Hit F8 after the BIOS screnn goes off and go into Safe Mode if possible. If so turn off Auto Restart.

Start>Right click on My Computer>Properties>Advanced Tab>Under Startup and Recovery click Settings. There uncheck the box for auto restart on system failure.

This will allow you to get 2 things from the BSOD. the Stop Error code. It will look like this:

0X000000ZZ where ZZ is a alpha numeric combination. Also a few lines down you will see in all CAPS a sentence or group of words that will also tell you what the error is.

Give us that info and we will be able to help you out more. Also after you do that if you wish to try you can hit F8 again and use the Last know good configuration to try and boot up.

Unfortunately, I cannot boot into safe mode or even the last known good configuration... the same thing happens.

I'm going to try to run XP recovery from the disc...

- sab

Since you cant get into Safe Mode a Repair install is your only hope.

I had this exact same problem and i still haven't fixed it yet. I formatted the drive and install ubuntu to test it out. It worked perfectly, so I formatted again and decided to dual boot ubuntu and XP. Ubuntu loads perfectly and i'm able to use it etc etc, but XP will load to the desktop and then go blue screen and crash. No idea.

You will have to follow my instruction i first posted. We need to know the error codes. If you can get to the desktop you can get into Safe Mode now to do what i need. ;)

Hey Makaveli:

I was able to stop the automatic reboot by pressing F8 and selecting it as an option.

Here is the error message:

----------------------

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x001902FE, 0xF78D2814, 0xF78D2510, 0xBA697163)

*** Ntfs.sys - Address BA697163 base at BA68A000, DataStamp 45cc59b4

------------------------------

I tried to run Windows Repair, but it won't let me get there, this screen shows up again when I press "Enter to Install Windows"..... :(

:confused: What should I do????? Is there any way I can recover my hard drive contents and then just do a fresh install?

- sab

Alright. Insert the XP CD. Get to the Recovery Console and do a check disk.

The command should be chkdsk to do it. Run that on the C:\ drive which should be the Windows Drive. That should help fix up the NTFS file system and maybe even prevent you from having to format at all.

If you do not have a XP CD handy boot into Safe Mode or normal mode and do this:

Start>My Computer>Right click on the Windows Drive>Properties>Tools>Error Checking. Click the Check now button. Taht will prompt you to say that it will not be able to accomplish the task now (Cause the system is in use) and will do it next reboot. So restart and it will do the check disk.

Post back after that and we will see where we stand. :)

OMG I can't even get to the Recovery Console :(

I can't do anything, that blue screen keeps showing up with the same error message above...

:confused:

- sab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom