First build is this ok???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkleface

Solid State Member
Hi all this is my first post on this site and i just wanted to ask if the following parts would all work and what you think

CPU E8400 3.0GHZ ( i wont be overclocking for a while yet)
MOBOB ASUS P5K EPU or GA EP35 DS3R
RAM 2x2GB TWIN2X DDR2 800
HDD SAMSUNG 500GB 16MB CACHE
OPTICAL SAMSUNG 20X SATA
GPU NO NAME BRAND 8800GT
CASE COOOLERMASTER DOMINATOR RC690 OR ANTEC 300 $30 Cheaper OR CENTURION 5 WITH 460W PSU $10 CHEAPER
PSU COOOLERMASTER 550W or 460W

the total price was about $1080 or $987 aud with CENTURION 5 ( yes i live in oz) Including Free build if wanted

first of all would this be a good rig for gaming and will i need the 550W psu would the 460W be Fine

I'd say definately go with the 550W over the 460W especially since this is a gaming rig. as for the mobo, I'm a gigabyte fan so of course I'm gonna say go with the GA-EP35-DS3R.

It's also a good idea to go with name brands, generic parts can screw you over pretty bad sometimes. If you trust the place you're getting it from, then that's all good, but otherwise get a well known, well respected brand.

Ok thanks i have never brought from this place but i have been told by many people it good i have gone in there a few times and the have been rather helpful

i found out the GPU is Galaxy 8800GT and its factory overclocked 600/2000 its only $215

EDIT
your from perth what stores a good i have been told NETPLUS and VTECH(down) are the best and Austin are ok

your from perth what stores a good i have been told NETPLUS and VTECH(down) are the best and Austin are ok

My favourite stores are Foxcomp and PLE, dealing with either has always been pretty good for me. They're some of the cheapest stores around too.

Vtech and netplus are good stores too, not really great, but at the very least acceptable. So you've got 4 places to compare prices with (you can also try getting one store to lower their price because the other store is cheaper etc.) foxcomp doesn't budge much, but ple is good with that.

Try Netplus they are basically the best except sometimes some other stores can have some better prices (Austins, PLe)

Never used Foxcomp or VTECH.

I also recommend the p5k board, i am extremely happy with it.

Ok thanks I contacted PLE Today they dont have any coolermaster products which is pretty lame because they have cheap prices and NETPLUS builds for free which is a nice option if i am not up for it only down side is there graphics card are bit overpriced

Came up with the following specs from netplus
E8400-254
PK5-SE-139
2X2GB TWIN2X DDR2 800-114
500GB SAMSUNG HDD-92
20X SAMSUNG SATA-28
INNO/GALAXY 8800GT-269
ANTEC SONATA III WITH 500W EARTHWATTS-159 or 178 with out a graphic card
1045 inc build -My Budget is 1100 so i can choose a few better things from there if i want

the main reason is i am not to sure on overclocking it seams easy enough and i know you can pust the Q6600 to 3.6GHZ with a decent HSF and i will probably get a 8800GT because i have a small screen and dont want a card i cant use to its full potential (17" :mad: )

and thank for telling me about Staticice
$222.00 for a 8800GT in WA thats $10 more expensive than the eastern states

Just don't take staticice at face value, I can usually find parts cheaper even after checking on staticice. It just gives a very helpful idea of what kind of prices to expect, and also the lowest price THEY found (which is the price you want to knock down even more by searching around)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom