frost wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimcan

Baseband Member
I can not connect. A message says ' Frost wire is unable to connect to hosts o the gnutella network"

We can't tell you unless we know the purposes, because if its an illegal download, we cannot tell you as we don't want to be associated with being sued over your Illegal Download

choose wisely ;) you are being watched. i will say this though, as this question does not directly reference illegal activity there is nothing wrong with answering it.

edit: also if i had to guess i would say port forwarding is probably the issue. 9/10 times using P2P software connections fail because the ports used by the application either can not pass through your home router or are blocked by an ISP.

Testing ... I want to learn how to open up ports. I do not understand the whole thing. I do not intend to have the site teach me to do anything illegal. But this concept of ports and firewall is hard to understand.

OK I tested turning off the windows fire wall. That worked great. I use a router and bit defender antivuris. Is it safe to leave it off?
I am wired to the router not wireless.

Depeding on the Router yes. To test to see if you are vulnerable i would say go to   Home of Gibson Research Corporation   and do the Shield's Up Test.

Just select each test and let it run.

First go here:

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

Click Proceed

Then click on each of the headers. File sharing, Common Ports, All Service Ports, Messenger Spam, and so on. The site will try to gain access to your system. But not in a harmful way. It will let you know if you have any open ports that should be addressed or anything like that.

If you pass without anything getting thru. It is safe to leave the Windows Firewall off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom