More windows problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorn

In Runtime
Right, so, now, my computer will not boot. It doesn't error, it just doesn't boot.

Sometimes it takes me to the gigabyte motherboard thing (not quite sure what it is doing)

Sometimes it says it will not start due to unknown hard disk config problem.

I think it was because my 250gb drive was booting it's OS off of the 500gb. Now, I unplugged the 500, and it didn't work. I plugged it back in, and it still doesn't work.

I know this is really vague, I'll provide more info as I work with it.

Use GParted and make the 250 drive active and the boot drive. Then see what happens. Right now the 500GB drive is the boot drive and that is not how you want it.

Right. So, how exactly do I do that?

Could I do it with the partition editor in Ubuntu?

Just right click on the partition and it should give you the option to change the Priority of the drive. Just select boot.

I am not sure if it can be done with Ubuntu. But you can try.

I found this laying around. I know of 3 ways to fix your problem. here's one made by my homie vertigo173

htcahd016ek.jpg

htcahd021yt.jpg

Description:

Have you ever wanted to know how to clone a hard drive? You are in the right place. I will show you how to make a 1:1 copy of one hard drive to another.

Everything you need is included.

Vertigo! I remember him. Demonoid person right? He has had some great tuts. I have a few of them on my hard drive myself.

Sweet. I've pretty much got everything working...

The only real problem left is that when I boot up, it says something like:
Code:
Invalid boot.ini
Booting from c:\windows

It still boots, but how can I get rid of that message?

Start> Run>Msconfig>boot.ini tab

Check all boot paths. That error is saying that the boot.ini is not working correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom