Building a PC few general questions specific to hardware im getting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually thats what I was saying... but apparently it only works for XP and 2000, but you could get it to run on Vista using compatibility mode

Vern,

So im just gonna keep asking questions till im 100% on what im getting...so the ram i was gonna get:

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

is quicker than

Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

so why should i get the later instead? Just confused sir...

hmm cant think of anything else atm...but im sure i will

thnx

the g.skill has faster mhz but has higher timings (the lower the better). timings are more important then mhz so the crucial ballistix would be the better choice.

Whats the decision on the PSU?

If you want to save money you could get the Corsair 520hx but if you really really want a stronger psu then the Corsair 620hx is plenty of power and has excellent 12v rails.

I agree...the Silencer is one amazing PSU now that it's price is down. It has 9 more amps than the 520HX. I choose the 520HX becuase I needed modular though and 40A is plenty enough for me. Plus I got it for 89.99 shipped hehehe. However the PCP&C 610 silencer is an amazing PSU for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom