cpu options - i'm lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also you might want to mention that you payed less than half of what he would pay for the q9450

you guys are tempting me in to getting the Q6600, its half the price of the Q9450 (for a retail GO aswell)

just a guestamate but how high do you think i could get it being a total novice, i know my way around the bios but dont know what to set for 100% sucess

3.0ghz is pretty easy for a novice, push the FSB to 333 and you probably don't need a voltage change or anything

^ sounding nicer by the second

whats the averadge OC of the 6600 though, i've heard 3.8, 3.6and 3.4 quite a lot and its going to be for day to day use

Well on 3dmark06 people go as high as they can, but for everyday usage 3.2ghz is fine

Veedub even goes down to stock since he only plays WoW

Well on 3dmark06 people go as high as they can, but for everyday usage 3.2ghz is fine

Veedub even goes down to stock since he only plays WoW

that sounds cool, i think i'll be haveing a real long think about this and time to look at some cooling options

Since you aren't overclocking that much you could get an Arctic Freezer Pro 7 and you don't need Thermal Paste either

Since you aren't overclocking that much you could get an Arctic Freezer Pro 7 and you don't need Thermal Paste either

i was thinking of that, it's cheap and does the job but would it cool it enough at 3.2 say like take it to stock heat (using the stock fan at stock speed)

Its fine, I wouldn't really go past 3.0ghz at stock fan speed, I'd speed it up a little

Overclocking is actually quite easy. It takes very little time to get a nice overclock that most people would be thrilled to have. Now it takes lots of time and more knowledge and the right parts to get the amazing overclocks we hear of. A Q6600 with a pretty good cooler should do 3.0ghz quite easily. I believe the average on a P35 board with a good cooler is somewhere around 3.3ghz.

Play around with one and ask questions and I imagine you could get one to 3.5-3.6ghz with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom