The card that does... absolutely nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This topic should be called:

"The card that destroys airflow, completely obliterating any immeasurable performance increase you would have received."

music? I record music just fine without it. Most people who do music use an external interface, so theres no interference there.

some one i know says that this thing would be really usefull he does alot of recording, with alot of hi end equipment, he does beats and stuff, this card will erase the electric noise in the music while recording, because a sound card will produce electric noise as will the mic you use even.

some one i know says that this thing would be really usefull he does alot of recording, with alot of hi end equipment, he does beats and stuff, this card will erase the electric noise in the music while recording, because a sound card will produce electric noise as will the mic you use even.

Well, Ive recorded for years and get no "electronic noise" in my tracking/vocals.

If you get that, then theres something wrong in the recording chain. I use a condenser powered by an external usb mixer via balanced XLR, and dont get any interference.

The card cant really do anything, because its not directly in the chain. The only way i can see it doing anything is if a person were to use onboard sound, and no one tracks with onboard.

Recording hardware already has this technology built into it, so the card is mostly a gimmick the way i see it.

Honestly, there is a good idea behind this, keep each rail as close as possible to there right voltage, but the bad thing is, there isn't enough capacitance in those little caps to keep the voltages stable for long periods of time, that, and at startup those caps can easily cause bigger spikes, within the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom