Problem with GPU Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kutulu

Baseband Member
I just bought a new Video card for my PC, a EVGA 8800GT to be exact.

After installing it I turn on my computer only to find that it won't go past the windows boot screen(XP Name and Logo shows up with progress bar and after just a black screen).

I contacted EVGA's customer support and they told me to try booting into safe mode but when I do this my computer gets stuck on the mup.sys driver on the list. I have let it sit for an hour with no progress being made it just sits there.

Has anyone had this problem or are there any solutions? Is my card, purchased from Newegg, DOA? Please note that I don't have another PC that I can install it in to see if it works on another system.

maybe your system file lost or broken ....
if the problem is video card,you don't pass the "Power On System Test"
try to install your operating system

Well in response to jxvep...

If it gets to booting XP, with the bar scrolling at the bottom. It has already passed the post. The OS is also installed. Nice try but wrong. Sorry.

Kutulu take out the new card. Insert the old one. Go back into Windows. Go into the device manager.

Start>Right click on My Computer>Manage>Device MAnager

Now on the Video Display adapter right click on it and uninstall the device. You will not lose video yet. Dont worry.

Now download and run Driver Cleaner Pro

Driver Cleaner Professional download from Guru3D.com

Run that and remove all excess of your driver as well. Now shut down and put in the new card. Boot up. Should take you to Windows now easily. Once there just install the new GFX Driver.

Oh, sorry, my card before was an Asus 6600GT. And I am trying Makaveli213's solution now, I will let you know the results as soon as possible.

well i just tried that solution and now the same thing is happening with my old card. i am posting from my wii now. please help.

The onboard video is off right? No drivers are installed at all right? Still gets nothing?

Maybe check to make sure the card is seated right and that the monitor is hooked up?

If everything else fails you could try a Repair install.

there is no onboard video that i am aware of and everything is connected right.

i uninstalled the driver you told me to and than used that program to uninstall all the 'nvidia' drivers.

evga's support told me to do a repair install but i don't have xp discs anymore. i think i may be s.o.l.

Get one from Torrents. As long as it matches your system. OEM or Retail and Home or Pro. Then you will be fine. You will need the serial number as well.

It is fine to get the media from torrents. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom