Cheapest Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

H2C-X

Solid State Member
I need help building the cheapest gaming rig that plays all games at very high settings except Crysis. I dont know my budget but i would want to see what will the cheapest rig that can be build. This includes tower, mouse, monitor, keyboard, and any other stuff that is needed.

EDIT: yes im going to overclock it

I will tell you right off the bat to put in your cart these parts

CPU: E7200
GPU: 8800GT or GTS(G92)
Mobo: Gigabyte EP35-DS3L
RAM: 2x1GB Ballistix

This monitor is highly recommend for a cheap becuase it's got great picture quality regardless of it's price. I and many others have it and love it
Newegg.com - Hanns·G HW-191APB Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 700:1 Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

expect to pay total with shipping around $1000-1200
You could maybe get it under 1000 if you really looked for good deals.

It's a nice monitor for the price thats for sure however he is looking for the best price/performance ration therefore a 19" is the best choice.

The E2160 should be alright for now overclocked. It is not a very future proof CPU but in reality It's a great CPU to step-up to something such as a Quad-Core down the line.

However the motherboard is quite the heart of your CPU. I believe that the P31 boards overclock quite well but the Ep35-DS3L may be a better choice in the long run. As for the PSU buy an Xclio Stablepower or goodpower as they are the cheapest PSU's that are trusted and have enough juice.

The video card should be at LEAST an Hd3850 to max out games today...preferably an 8800GS or 9600GT as people have mentioned.

well we are done with the Cheap Build now lets go to the High-End Build (the rig im gonna build)

I will have this rig for quite a while. maybe gonna have a new build when i finish high school and go to college or having one year in college and might get nehalem

ask me questions that will help you ill be researching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom