registry optimization

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no such thing.

You can run CCleaner. You can run Registry Repair. You can run Registry Crawler. There is no such things as optimizing your Regitry. That is a illusion.

The Registry is always cluttered with things left over from unisntalls, installsm=, and everything else. The best thing you can do is use Revo Uninstaller when you unisntall something and remove the Registry entries.

Other than that get Registry Crawler and search for applicaitons you have already removed and delete those entries.

Careful as some may still be in use and cause a fatal system crash.

No. Not really. If you want that. Make sure you have no viruses, spyware and reduce the amount of startup tasks and services. That will improve your speed more than a Registry cleaning.

Just that. Being clean and not having as many dead entries for Windows to go thru. That is just about it. If you get any boost from it you will get 1% maybe 2% out of it.

At least in my experience.

also some of the goofballs here sometimes ask...how come their computer is acting so slow...then we ask them, you defrag your harddrive?....seems simple right? They answer back, oh it's 60% fragmented....hehe

I'll let whoever that was fess up

Yes Defragging your hard drive will give you more of a performance boost than trying to clean out your registry.

lol as it would happen i defrag mine seems to work...
some time ago i go a hold of uniblues reg cleaner and it said i have all these errors and what not now im done to just 40 a day or so. seems reasonable considering what i have just been told. so i wont both going and cleaning it all up.
ive gone through osiris' spyware removal that was awesome
but i still (though less often) get those blue screens. i ran mem test for at least four hours and all that already.

Well what are the blue screen's error codes? If you tell us what they are we can give you answers to why you get them. ;)

Maybe solve your issues altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom