Help me with a $600 build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Corsair 550VX is more than enough....you could easily drop down to a 50-60 buck PSU with good quality to save money but if you got the money you can't beat Corsair's 5-year warranty...

The RP550V2-S-SL or the Xclio 500 Goodpower. Still more bang for your buck from an RP550 though...35A of stable power on the 12's for 60 bucks. It's just hard to beat

However i must admit though as the gap between the quality budget PSU's and powerful long warrantied Corsairs and others lessen it's a tough choice. I was able to get a 520HX for 89.99 free shipping lmao I couldnt pass it up to go with my new Antec 900 as it was modular and almost impossible to manage a 900 with a PSU with as many cords as my RP550V2-S-SL. This version of the RP550 is a more updated version of the original seller and has more cables. I still own this source.

What limits does my current rig have?

For example; Will I be able to play WoW on high settings? CS:S? HL2? CoD4?

Also, the 8800GS looks really good for the price, is it worth the extra $20 in performance to get the 9600? Keep in mind I don't have PLANS to overclock, but I'm sure it will be in my future, :)

If its only $20 then you can keep the 9600gt. They perform about the same but there are some advantages to the 9600.

Edit: The limits of your system? You should be able to play all the games you mentioned on high :D Maybe some medium if you want AA on HL or CoD4 but i am pretty sure all High will still give you good frame rates.

^^ a 9600gt performes better then a 8800gs (noticably) and when it is oced it can surpase 8800gt performance. (mine is...)

Get the 9600gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom