Processor Upgrade for the P4MSD-800 D2 Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scinadier

Beta member
Hello,
I've had the Mach Speed P4MSD-800D2 motherboard for a while now. Ever since I bought the motherboard it's been using a 3.2ghz Pentium D processor. Unfortunately the Pentium D no longer is good enough to play the games that I hope play to in the future.

On the back of the motherboard box, it says that the motherboard "Supports Dual Core CPU." The specs of the motherboard listed on various websites continue to state that it "Supports Dual Core CPU," but when the specific types of supported processors are listed, the Intel Core 2 Duo is never listed.

So my question is: Is the P4MSD-800D2 Motherboard able to use the Intel Core 2 Duo processors?

More specifically, can it run the Processor listed in the following link?

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 Wolfdale 2.53GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors

Thanks for the help,
Sci

Oh okay. Thanks for the help and thanks for the quick reply! It looks like I'm going to be needing a new computer.

I looked around on Newegg and can't seem to find a processor that will work with that mobo, and is faster than the one he already has.

Either a motherboard upgrade is needed, or you're SOL. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom