USB PORT Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadMan789

Baseband Member
ok i bought a mp3 playa 3 months ago, this is also when i hade my P2 433mhz comp:), i had no troulble setting up my mp3 installed software put in cable to usb port dl'ed songs worked fine. 3 days ago my brother got pissed off and pulled my mp3. ripped my $60 headphones that came with mp3 so i returned it got a new system. installed the dl manager on my new comp go to plug the mp3 into usb then windows xp says "unkonwn Usb device" then tells me it installed drivers for it i go to check what drivers it installed and it tells me their is no drivers. i tryed it in all 4 of my usb ports 2 build into motherboard 2 built into front panel of the comp case 1/4 ports picked up the mp3 player as a Digital Way MP3 Device (whcich it is supposed to) reinstalled the dl manager restarted my comp.... didnt pick up my mp3 treyd all 4 ports again and again and again... then i gave up. tryed it on my fathers computer(p3 amd 1054mhz) picked it up first try.

finally for my question. IS there an internal probelm with my usb ports or could it be the drivers installed or something for that matter.( ports picked up my webcam, printer and game controller but not MP3)

MP3 type is MPIO DMK 128 Digitalway
Motherboard is ASUS A7NZX

Please help!

from what you have said, it sounds like theres a prob with the drivers. make sure you uninstall all the drivers that were previously on there, then start from scratch again.

Yea, Uninstall all your drivers, shut system completely off for a cold boot. connect ur mp3 device and checks if its recieving power before the OS Loads. Also do you have more then 2 devices using USB ports already? sometimes they conflict. and is your Mobo USB 2.0 and is the MP3 usb 2.0 compatible?

also if youre using usb 2.0 and have win xp make sure you have the drivers from windows update installed because thats the only place you can get your usb 2.0 drivers if you have an xp system.

jblaze725 said:
also if youre using usb 2.0 and have win xp make sure you have the drivers from windows update installed because thats the only place you can get your usb 2.0 drivers if you have an xp system.

The OS system (XP) works in conjuction w/ the hardware to determine which certain features/protocols it can or cannot support. In this case, XP will receive the information from the chipset controller to see which version of USB your MB can support (1.1/2.0) - Not the windows update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom