how many people are using Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heffer

In Runtime
Most windows users are using XP or older versions. What percentage of windows users are currently using Vista in north america?

Well I don't know about North America, but most people I know who have purchased a new system all have vista installed. Seeing as the average user doesn't know **** about an os, they'll buy whatever came with the bundle they bought (which, seeing as microsoft is trying to kill xp, would be vista). So, even though I dont know any numbers or statistics on this, I'd agree with Mak, there are a lot of people using vista, maybe not as much as XP right now though.

id say ...and this is just guessing:

xp-55%
vista-20%
windows 95/98/nt-5%
mac-10%
linux/leopard-10%

Im prob a bit off but it is prob around the mark=D

My guess would be:

xp-60%
vista-28%
win9x-5%
mac-5%
linux-2%
btw, that's only home-user stat guesses.

edit: ah. posted while peter was posting. :) and wow, my vista guess is way off!

i was a bit off..i guess i under estimated how much xp still had a hold.

original ----------------------------------- correct
xp-55% ---------------------------------- xp-76.6%
vista-20% -------------------------------- vista-8.4%
windows 95/98/2000/2003-5% -------------6.7%
mac-10% -------------------------------- mac-4.4%
linux-10% -------------------------------- linux-3.9%

^^^i agree, but we will all have to switch to it eventually sadly...I'll prob be switching within the next few months...only because i want to get more ram and DX10 capabilities. But vista does have some nice features.

Yea, but when that eventually comes, Vista will be good and usable. Agreed with the features. I've tried it but it kept crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom