Beta member
ok here we go

this is my system
Gigabyte GA-7n400Pro2
AMD 2500+ barton oc to 3200+
Geil 512 ddr400
Maxtor 80 Gb 7200rpm Sata
Etc etc

The other day i was at a lan, nothing special happened except a major hit of lag and a bsod 2-4 times. Apart from that it was dandy for a while. The next time i booted my com i couldnt do anyhting and i got one billion bsod's.

So i decided to backup and format. I formatted and started the copying stage of the installation and 78% i get a copying error...so i decide to try it again, same thing. I do this with 3 different copies of windows xp (home, prof, prof sp1) and i still get the same thing. I then try 98se and it works!!! O, now when i go to install somethings it will get some errors and stuff and its overall really not cool.

So now im stuck and i have tryed so many things...replaced cd-rom drives, changed bios settings, Sata drivers, Underclocking, Bios reset and on and on. So yeah, im pretty stuck as to what it is...Yeah, thanks for your help/time

2 possibilities that I see. Bad RAM stick and bad HDD. Do a full HDD format if you can. Maybe this will detect and block bad sectors.

I have also tried a full format (low level) so i dont think its a problem with my hdd, i read in another thread someone with the same setup as me had the same porblem.

As I stated, the other possibility is bad RAM. If you have 2 X 256, try it with only one. If not, try and reseat your stick or put it in another slot. If you can, try it with different RAM (borrow it if it is a possibility for you).
You can also check your bios and see if you have an extended RAM test (usually disabled to allow for faster boot up). Enable it and see what it gives you. It's not perfect but it may detect bad RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom