9800 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinrichisgod

In Runtime
As far as gaming goes, my 9600 pro is getting left behind...I'm looking at the 9800 Pro's and was wondering how long with EQII, HL2, and other games coming out, that the 9800 Pro would last me...?

The 9800 Pro seems to be the card of choice right now for cash limited gamers, however, i seem to think that those who get them are making a big mistake. My X800 Pro is being slaughtered by Doom 3, and I am not even running it at Ultra settings. You can see my benchmark scores in my sig so you know its not a hardware problem. The 6800GT, although expensive, is the only way to go right now. Just save for a little while longer, you'll be glad you did.

your x800 is getting killed by it???
my radeon 9800 Pro is running it at high quality, all advanced features on, 1280xwhatever res, 4x Anti-aliasing and running at 45.2 FPS. No lag whatsoever. I had it running on Ultra quality with res at 800x600 no problems. sounds like you made the big mistake...not me.

Get the 9800 Pro if you dont have the cash. Soon enough, the 6800 and x800 will come down heaps in price. And it will be playing the latest games for ages. (get the 9800 XT if you can afford it)

sithspawn said:
sounds like you made the big mistake...not me.

True, the x800 does excelent in the benchmarks, but in actual gameplay it doesn't fare very well. When I turn on the AA, its as a slide show on 1024x768 resolution. I wish I could have anti-aliasing and the advanced features turned on...

you seriously dont have the advanced features and stuff turned on with your card???
A doom3 hardware review says that with your system you should be able to run it on high quality, 1600x1200, 4x AA, 8x AF and all advanced features on.
Do you have the latest drivers??

Also give this a go:
in your doom3 base open all the .pk4 files with winRAR and extract them to your base file C:\...\Doom 3\base\
then open the DoomConfig.cfg file in notepad and make the following changes:
seta image_useCache "1"
seta image_cacheMegs "256"
seta image_cacheMinK "2048"
You will notice a BIG perfo increase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom