AMD Overclocking Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official AMD Overclocking Thread.

i have my clock at 254 x 13 right now for 3.3 :) . with 1.375 volts.

i will try tonite to get to 3.4+ and post up results heh heh.

should (theoretically) be as simple as dropping my clock to 243 and raising my ht multi to 14.

i haven't been messing with it much as i have been busy, and it SMOKES at 3.3ghz.

Just curious, when you say it "SMOKES" at 3.3ghz are you talking speed or temps? If temps what temps are you getting?

Just curious, struggling to get mine to 3.3 right now.

lol...i mean it is really fast. my temps are good, never really go over about 50*C. depends on the temp in my house, usually will idle in the summer at about 36-38*C, load at 48-55*C. i need to work a little on my airflow and re-seat my HSF.
in the winter i get 27-30*C idle, 42-47*C load.
i try to keep it frosty in my room to keep the temps down in the summer, but i have to cool the whole house at that temp...i need a seperate AC unit for this room, lol.

nice....now the reason I ask. I can't seem to get mine over 3.26 and am not sure why....plenty of airflow and is cool here. I'm using bios to up the clock and orthos to stress the cpu. I've tried the 13, 14, 15, and 16 mulitplier and on each one it clocks to about 3.26 fine on stock volts but no matter how much i up the volts, 1.5 even, it won't go past 3.26 and stay steady. right now on a 14 multiplier I'm running at 3.26 and my temps are in the mid forties under load...but still wont clock higher.

- Ram is underclocked so know that's not it...
- Temps are fine until I hit 1.45 at which point i start hitting the 50s
- Have the antec 900 running with the AC64 fan on it
- i've re-applied MX-2 paste a couple of times, no change

Any ideas?

It usually happens with nForce boards when you bypass a certain FSB, its where the FSB can't be stable with your overclock

yep i have one right where i want my oc to be 3.4 ghz or around 1512 fsb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom