Overclocking E6550 with 680i problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn

Fully Optimized
I am getting a problem when i try to overclock beyond 3.31, bios posts and this happens:
"Warning! Now system is in safe mode. Please reset CPU or Memory frequency in the CMOS setup."

Please be more forward with specific information.

What heatsink, thermal paste, case cooling?
What power supply?
What RAM? RAM Timmings and voltage?
What about the other voltages including Vcore, Frontsidebus and north bridge?

Provide as much information as possible.

Please be more forward with specific information.

What heatsink, thermal paste, case cooling?
What power supply?
What RAM? RAM Timmings and voltage?
What about the other voltages including Vcore, Frontsidebus and north bridge?

Provide as much information as possible.
HSF: Zalman 9500A
PSU: Antec 500W
RAM: 2GB DDR2-800 CORSAIR XMS2 at 4-4-4-12-2T 1.95v
Vcore: 1.4v
FSB: 1893 (Quad stepped)
No volt changes to North Bridge

So your Front side bus is 1.893 GHz? That is probably why... So your CPU multi is seven then.

You may have to increase the multi or if you can't, if it is locked at 7, you will have to try increasing north bridge and FSB voltage.

But a FSB of 1.893 Ghz is pushing it..

So your Front side bus is 1.893 GHz? That is probably why... So your CPU multi is seven then.

You may have to increase the multi or if you can't, if it is locked at 7, you will have to try increasing north bridge and FSB voltage.

But a FSB of 1.893 Ghz is pushing it..
Unfortuanately, my multi is locked at 7 :(. I have tried messing around with the north bridge voltages but i can't get to the point of being able to boot windows, do you think i reached my cpu's limit?

what voltages is it failing to boot w/ for your cpu. Try underclocking your ram so its out of the equation and up the NB and Cpu vcore

what voltages is it failing to boot w/ for your cpu. Try underclocking your ram so its out of the equation and up the NB and Cpu vcore

I have raised cpu vcore from 1.4 to 1.5 and still no boot, but i havent tried underclocking ram and raising NB, i will try and see what results i get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom