I want to overclock to 7.4 mhz! Help Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zabak80

Baseband Member
Actually, just kidding...

I'd be happy with 2.6!

This is my first time overclocking, and I have done my research, but there is so much information out there and a lot of it is contradictory.

What I have: E2180, Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, 2 gb Crucial Ballistix Ram, 8600 gt, stock cooler, Antec 450 power supply.

I'm really only looking to overclock to 2.6, MAYBE 2.8 once I get 2.6 stable.

First off, should I just use the EasyTune5 software that comes with the motherboard, or should I do it directly in bios?

Does anyone have stable, SAFE settings for my setup to get this to 2.6?

Many thanks!

No Chip is the same so you can't exactly duplicate settings, the best overclocking method is through the BIOS

first try to push the FSB to 260 from 200, then Prime95 test it (it should be stable) because 260x10 = 2600mhz

I don't recommend pushing past 2.6ghz without a better cooler (like an Arctic Freezer Pro 7)

Based on my experience with my E2180 I would expect 2.6 to be stable with stock voltage but as Vernong said every chip is different. I have had my E2180 at 2.8ghz on stock cooling for a 3dmark06 run but I wouldn't run it like that 24/7.

So put the FSB to 260 and the multilier to 10?

Keep voltage and everything else the same?

Multiplier you can't change at all... 10x (well you can drop it to a min of 6... but don't do that) is the stock one...

I run 2.9 24/7 on stock cooler. Put your fsb to 290, underclock your ram. These chips will most likely always do 2.8-2.9 stock vcore. Anything after that then consider yourself lucky. Why stop at 2.6 when you can have it at 2.8-2.9 on stock vcore.

Edit: I think you have to hit ctrl+f1 when you get into bios for your board. That might be for timings but nonetheless do it anyways. Make sure to set the right divider for your ram. If you have ddr2 800 try to keep as close to that. Unless you want to oc the ram too but thats a different story

Actually, just kidding...

I'd be happy with 2.6!

This is my first time overclocking, and I have done my research, but there is so much information out there and a lot of it is contradictory.

What I have: E2180, Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, 2 gb Crucial Ballistix Ram, 8600 gt, stock cooler, Antec 450 power supply.

I'm really only looking to overclock to 2.6, MAYBE 2.8 once I get 2.6 stable.

First off, should I just use the EasyTune5 software that comes with the motherboard, or should I do it directly in bios?

Does anyone have stable, SAFE settings for my setup to get this to 2.6?

Many thanks!

I'm so happy you posted this. Tomorrow I'm going to try to OC for the 1st time also. I have the same MB as you and the same RAM, and the same video card. The only difference is I have an E2200 CPU and an Antec 500 PSU.
So please post your results as you figure things out.

each chip is different as vernon said. like i have an e2200, but my VID is 1.325 so i can't take it past 2.6 on stock voltages, even though i should be able to hit 3 easily without voltage changes. but increase the FSB a bit, and test it, if its stable for at least a 3dmark06 run or an hour of orthos or something, then you can keep moving it up.

Correct prototype. Each CPU is different its like buying muffins you might get a mashed blue berry muffin or you might get a nice plump blue berry muffin. either way it still tastes the same its just a difference in shape.

its kinda like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom