A direct cpu fan comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow stock intel cooler would be better then that peice of crap

ya pretty sure your temps are higher then that. that is around average room tempature and w/ a quad you will never get room temp no matter how hard you try

I just took a look at my temp's again and they now average to 21.5, however it is probably a little cooler this morning than last night. Last night they averaged 24 degrees with the new (cheap) fan.

I am getting these readings from two different programs, Core Temp and PC Wizard 2008. Wizard is reading .5 degree cooler than Core Temp.

The temperature in my room right now is 18 degrees celcius, and no I don't live in Antarctica, I actually live in San Diego, it just happens to be cool today, and always keep my house cool, but I don't have any air conditioners running.

I am using an Antec 900 case with stock fans all running on low.

I ran Prime95 for about a half hour last night and the highest the temp got was 42 degrees celcius. However I did not know about a quad mod, so that torture test may be irrelevant, it certainly did not seem to be putting any strain I could see on the PC, as I kept using the internet an iTunes as it was running.

And I don't blame you guys for saying the fan is crap, I would have thought the same thing, but for my needs (no gaming) it seems to work almost as good as the more expensive one I was using. That's why I posted this.

the intel cooler has a bigger copper contact surface.

but the coolermaster one looks like it has a better fan on it.

Another difference is that the coolermaster is held in with screws and the stock fan has those plastic press pins. My MB has threaded holes in it so the press pins wouldn't fit, that's why I bought the coolermaster.

And it is very interesting that such a small contact surface is actually working as good as it is. I'm not sure where the cores are located, but you'd think a wider contact surface would be needed especially for 4 cores.

I just took a look at my temp's again and they now average to 21.5, however it is probably a little cooler this morning than last night. Last night they averaged 24 degrees with the new (cheap) fan.

I am getting these readings from two different programs, Core Temp and PC Wizard 2008. Wizard is reading .5 degree cooler than Core Temp.

The temperature in my room right now is 18 degrees celcius, and no I don't live in Antarctica, I actually live in San Diego, it just happens to be cool today, and always keep my house cool, but I don't have any air conditioners running.

I am using an Antec 900 case with stock fans all running on low.

I ran Prime95 for about a half hour last night and the highest the temp got was 42 degrees celcius. However I did not know about a quad mod, so that torture test may be irrelevant, it certainly did not seem to be putting any strain I could see on the PC, as I kept using the internet an iTunes as it was running.

And I don't blame you guys for saying the fan is crap, I would have thought the same thing, but for my needs (no gaming) it seems to work almost as good as the more expensive one I was using. That's why I posted this.

You need to look at core #1-4, not just CPU Temp...Your Core temps matter not the "cpu temp".

Minimize pc wizard 2008 and you will get a green thing on your desktop displaying all of your temps... it is small and can fit in the corner.

I guarantee you unless you are living at the north pole (30 years ago) your Core temps are not that low with that cooler.

You need to look at core #1-4, not just CPU Temp...Your Core temps matter not the "cpu temp".

Minimize pc wizard 2008 and you will get a green thing on your desktop displaying all of your temps... it is small and can fit in the corner.

I guarantee you unless you are living at the north pole (30 years ago) your Core temps are not that low with that cooler.

I am looking at my core temps. I am just averaging them so I don't have to give all four. The actual temps last night were 26, 27, 19, and 24. Averaged that makes 24.
The whole reason I posted this thread was because I was also surprised that I am getting temps like this with this cheap cooler. I would be happy to post a screen shot when I get home from work if you would like to see, but I have no reason to lie. I don't own any stock in coolermaster:D
Like many of you I am just pleasantly surprised that these cheap fans are better than some of you might think.

why did u buy this crappy cooler master hsf if u already had the zalman one?

I am buliding a new PC this weekend and needed the zalman for it. I will be overclocking the new PC so I thought I should use the better fan.

I am looking at my core temps. I am just averaging them so I don't have to give all four. The actual temps last night were 26, 27, 19, and 24. Averaged that makes 24.
The whole reason I posted this thread was because I was also surprised that I am getting temps like this with this cheap cooler. I would be happy to post a screen shot when I get home from work if you would like to see, but I have no reason to lie. I don't own any stock in coolermaster:D
Like many of you I am just pleasantly surprised that these cheap fans are better than some of you might think.

How much does a house cost at the north pole then...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom