"Picture It! Photo" Menus Not Displaying Properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard596

In Runtime
I'm working with a friend's computer who is having a strange issue with Microsoft Picture It Photo 2001. When you click on any of the options in the left menu bar, the menus will pop up briefly and then disappear. If you're very fast, you can click a menu item before it disappears and it works.

Picture It is the only program I'm seeing this problem in but it's also the only program using this style of menus. Does this sound like a problem with Picture It, or something else in the system?

This in on a fresh install of XP with all updates (including SP3). I've already completely removed and reinstalled Picture It.

It sounds like a application issue. Have you tried Picasa or Adobe Bridge?

picture it doesn't play nice with XP at all. i had the same issue and more with the program. It wasn't made for XP. It does however run good on windows 2000 and (believe it or not) Windows ME.

Personally I don't care too much for Picture It, myself, but this is a friend's computer and she already has lots of Picture It projects saved so moving to another program isn't a real big option at this point.

As for compatibility, it has worked fine on XP in the past. It's just that this time we're working with a new install. I don't understand what could be causing this. My mom still has Picture It 2000 that came with her old ME machine, but it runs fine on XP. Surely 2001 would also support XP?

Well then I stand corrected. I think I'll try installing PIP 2000 since I've had it working on XP before and just see what happens. Thanks.

Oh wait! Here's a new interesting detail...

None of the screen savers will stay on either. They come on for about half a second and then off again. It's like the same thing that's affecting the menus is also killing the screen savers. Does this give a better idea maybe of what's going on?

Remove the software. It is not compatible with XP. Start there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom