Need Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEMON1C

Beta member
alright i ordered a gigabyte k8ns pro with 2 kingston 512mb ddr 400 ramm with a gainward 5900xt vid card, enermax 460watt power supply . well i recently switched to an asus k8ne deluxe motherboard , my gainward 5900xt card was ****ed up using the asus so i had to put in a 9700 pro, so right now im using an asus k8ne deluxe with a ati 9700 pro with 2 kingston 512 mb ddr 400 ramm same power supply . but now my comp turns off randomly by itself everytime. im not sure what the problem is and i need help. and also i was wondering why my gainward 5900xt wouldnt work. thanks guys

How long does it take to power off or is it utterly random each time? Does it power off without warning? Do you have an Active Monitor installed?

I just checked the Kingston website and for your motherboard, they had this to say regarding DDR 400MHz models:

"Virtually any configuration up to 2GB can be reached using any combination of Kingston's 128, 256, 512MB, and 1GB modules."

Basically all that means is that your motherboard supports up to 3 GB of RAM, but if you're using the Kingston ValueRAM you'll only be able to upgrade to 2 GB of RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom