My E8400 now water cooled (Koolance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
I have trouble getting my Wolfdale above 4.16ghz (which now runs 3dMark06 at 18443) Temps at full Prime 95 load is 32 C idle and 38 C load!!!!!!! Super pi 11.157. My vcore is at 1.35 v and mem @ 2.1 v FSB at 1880 9x multiplier. How do I run this up to 4.4ghz? drop the multiplier to 8 and see if I can push the fsb to like 2150? Increase the core voltage or loosen the timings now 5-5-5-5-15? Thanks!

raise your vcore if your temps are that low dont worry about raisng our vcore, anything over 4.2 is pretty big and you need a pretty big vcore to handle it

Not an amazing temp, and it really depends on what his ambient temp is, which he hasn't stated.

Also his koolance loop is only cooling one thing, a dual core cpu.

Not an amazing temp, and it really depends on what his ambient temp is, which he hasn't stated.

I'm not the watercooling guru...why are koolance subpar in your opinion?

I think you need to back off. It was the easiest install ever, My core temp's dropped 20 c accross the board. My quad is watercooled with a Petrus setup and it was a **** of alot harder to install and I get no better cooling. I'm not a fan of anybody's stuff, I just like what works for me. I appreciate the fact that you are passionate about the stuff that you see as the best on the market but Koolance has a very nice product as faar as I'm concerned. Now back to my other issue. How high should I go with the Vcore voltage?

I'm not the watercooling guru...why are koolance subpar in your opinion?

They use subpar radiators in their kits and are well known for using aluminum in their blocks and loops. They are finally starting to change things but I still wouldn't trust any of their products until I know that aluminum has been completely phased out.

The biggest issue with that is that if Copper (found in most high end water cooling parts) is placed in a loop with aluminum (found in cheaper components) galvanic corrosion can and will occur unless you use significant amounts of antifreeze in your loop. The problem with antifreeze is that it is more viscous than water and reduces the overall performance.

Yeah the reason your temps are the same is because the Petras loop is cooling a quad with twice the heat output...

They use subpar radiators in their kits and are well known for using aluminum in their blocks and loops. They are finally starting to change things but I still wouldn't trust any of their products until I know that aluminum has been completely phased out.

The biggest issue with that is that if Copper (found in most high end water cooling parts) is placed in a loop with aluminum (found in cheaper components) galvanic corrosion can and will occur unless you use significant amounts of antifreeze in your loop. The problem with antifreeze is that it is more viscous than water and reduces the overall performance.

Yeah the reason your temps are the same is because the Petras loop is cooling a quad with twice the heat output...

Thanks for the info. I am aware of the physics of dissimilar metal electrolysis. Good information, thanks. BTW, my E8400 is one that misreported temps to Coretemp and one of the core sensors was "stuck". For reasons which I cannot explain, my mobo temp display at bios and core temp are now the same and sensor testing shows them both funcitoning normally. So it appears that it took water cooling to improve sensor feedback? I'm at a loss.

Edit: I got the Koolance form a friend for $70 he went to a Asetek Phase cooler (OMG -32 c for his cpu at full load!! Q6600 runing at 3.67 ghz) He never had a sigle problem wiht this unit. He did, however, change out the coolant religiously ever 6 months. I bought a new CPU block from Koolance. I'll call Koolance and ask them if thier new blocks contain dissimilar metals i.e copper/aluminum! Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom