A direct cpu fan comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

XDRoX

In Runtime
I just switched my CPU fan out for a new one. I thought the results were interesting so I thought I'd share.

I had this one:
Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

And I replaced it with this one:
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER RR-LIE-L9E1-GP 95mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

My average core temperature (idle) before the switch (with the more expensive fan) was 22 degrees celcius.
My new average core temperature is 24, only 2 degrees higher.
I thought the new fan would not work nearly as well, because of the price.
Thought I should post in case it could help someone save a few bucks.
BTW, my CPU is a stock Q6600 quad core, and it resides in an Antec 900.

OK, thanks. I just downloaded prime95 to do a stress test, but I can't figure out how to work it.
Can you give me a crash course? Or just tell me what to do with it?

OK, I found if I go to options there is "torture test." If I click on that I can pick three types of tests. Which one should I pick and how long should I run it before I note the temp's?

That cooler master heatsink is rubbish And is it just me or is the contact patch on the heatsink's base retardedly small?

wow stock intel cooler would be better then that peice of crap

My average core temperature (idle) before the switch (with the more expensive fan) was 22 degrees celcius.
My new average core temperature is 24, only 2 degrees higher.

ya pretty sure your temps are higher then that. that is around average room tempature and w/ a quad you will never get room temp no matter how hard you try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom