screen is black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried the other things we suggested?

Different monitor?
Different video card?
Is there integrated video on the motherboard? If so, try that
Used the tools Mak suggested? In order to burn the ISO files that are downloaded, google for Imgburn, and use that; its a free app so no need to worry about paying for it.

I've tried a different video card, I've tried with each ram in, I've tried with my nic out. I took my whole computer apart and put it back together and still the same. I don't understand this. That burning stuff I don't think I can do that, this computer can't burn anyway. I was thinking psu but the one i tried putting in there didn't have enough cables so I don't know. What else can I do? Can I bring it in somewhere?

is this an ASUS board?

Last time I had that happen it was an ASUS and the board was bad. The bios chip was fried apparently. ASUS could get it working and tried flashing it but it just wouldnt take the flash right. Even replacing the CPU didnt help so that ruled out CPU.

RMA the board if you can.

Try the PC with only the HDD, PSU, mobo, CPU, and Video card. Eliminate everything else that could use power or cause issues. Then try it. See what happens. Do not plug in any entra hard drives jsut the one with the OS. Do not even plug in the DVD Drives or the floppy drive. Just what i mention above.

This will be able to tell us if it is a a bit more info. If it works then something you have could be shorting out the system.

Also check online for a power calculator and see if you Power Supply is strong enough.

It is an ASUS board. But why would it just do this after it was fine for over 3 years? My warranty is over so I can't RMA it. I don't have another motherboard and I have no clue how to put one in, I have a hard enough time putting in a PSU.

I will try what Mak said.

I tried without any drives and it still does the same thing.

So I guess it's either the mobo, cpu or PSU. I don't know if should try the other PSU again even though it doesn't have enough connections. Maybe if I just hook up the main stuff? I don't think I have everything hooked with my PSU(after I took everything off), there's so much stuff, I have loose cables and I don't know where they go. I don't know what to do now.

I do have a fan that's not spinning but it hasn't been spinning for a long time with no problems. I believe it's the northbridge fan? It's a small fan.

That is a big problem. You need that part of the mobo. That could be why you are getting these issues. Could have killed the Northbridge which would kill your mobo.

Well you can try the fan. I did not know you didnt have a working fan on the northbridge. If you would have said that earlier we could have saved some time on this.

Try replacing the fan. See if you can salvage the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom