Airflow questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
Yay i got my new PC up and running finally... But I think i screwd up with the fans and i wanted some opinions...

Here is a very carefully drawn model of my compy
lawlairflow.jpg

As you can see, i have a front fan, 2 back fans, a fan in my tuniq, and the PSU that i originally thought blew downwards, but i just read a thread that said it sucks in and goes out the back... IDK -_-

IDK it isn't in the drawing but i also have my 8800 gt with accelero under the tuniq and a fan on it that will be blowing up towards the top of the case.

So ya, the 1 front intake fan is 70 cfm, so are the 2 fans on the back, the tuniq also has a 70cfm fan inside of it, and the gpu fan is just the old tuniq fan... i threw it on because i like the fan controller ;)

I think what i should do is turn the fan in the tuniq around so that it now blows towards the PSU... (I will do this if the PSU fan is really blowing out the back of the case).

Any suggestions... The 2 fans on the back of the case are blowing tons of air out the back but i don't think its any hot air :( perhaps turn them around and have back to front airflow? This way they would smack into the tuniq also.

Please helpz with knowledge :)

p.s. mobo is a great improvment ! so happy that i got to 3ghz stable without any drama like the **** 680i SE -_- I wanna get the temps down before i go higher though.

Turn the Tuniq fan so it blows out the rear exhausts... that should be obvious.

Then maybe install a top fan as exhaust, and get a side panel intake.

Oh should of mentioned that...

Because of the mobo you can't do that :) Ya, i originally WAS going to do that but I can't so thats not an option but thanks though.

I don't want to mod the case btw.

13-131-219-05.jpg

The Tuniq won't fit the way i want because that cooling thing all the way around the board blocks it from going that way, so i just compromised and had it blowing down, but i think i should have it blowing up towards the psu fan right?

That's just going to overheat the PSU. You can't ghetto rig the fan to blow the other way? Zipties?

I just got done turning the fan inside the tuniq towards the psu... and i just ziptied the former tuniq fan with fan controller to the gpu...

Well now the gpu is running at 40C with both side panels off so thats not a problem...

But my cpu temps are still higher then they should be i think... hmm

Btw i got a bunch of zipties :p but i rather keep the fan inside the tuniq...

I noticed around my bay areas i have no airflow going through there and nothing really causing heat... Should i maybe put a fan inside of that to get even more air flowing onto that cpu? Then those 2 exahust fans would get some use because i don't think they are doing anything atm... Turning them around could be done too....

DSC02270.jpg

DSC02271.jpg

wire management yet to be done.

Turn the fan on the video card around to blow the other way. You're just blowing the hot air back towards the core, don't do that.

You could certainly throw a 120mm in the 5.25" bays. It will take up 3 though, and look ugly, but it works well. I currently have one ziptied in my bays.

But if i Turned the fan the other way it wouldn't do anything. No cold air to pick up and no exhaust.

I might try that 120mm in the bay.. i have enough fans laying around.

hmm, the bays on my case are facing the side door, so i can connect a fan on the backside of those bays to draw air from the front (the one in the front doesn't really draw too much solo across the drives). i like crazed's idea about the fan in the bay. it will also help your front fan draw more air.

PS love the drawing. did you go to school for that lol?

That is just a glorified version of a good ziptie ghetto-rig.

EDIT: By the way, might want to spend some time cleaning those wires up if you're worried about airflow. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom