Is this monitor a great price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isnt bad. 5ms is not the greatest. You will get ghosting if you game at all. The contrast is decent. But for a deal like you got. It was worth it.

5ms WILL NOT GHOST. I dont care for viewsonics anymore. Matter of fact i have that exact monitor on my desk at work as well as everyone else around here. Personally i think there are better monitors around. I already had one go bad on me. The image quality on the monitor is fairly shoddy.

This is a better option.

Samsung SM223BW 21.6" TFT Monitor Widescreen 1680x1050 3000:1 300 cd/m2 5ms VGA/DVI-D Glossy black 3 Years Warranty - Ebuyer

FWIW, i REALLY wish these places would label the "type" of panel used in the monitor. Personally after having had and experienced many different flat panels at work and home, i refuse to ever purhchase another TN panel. You should do some research for a MVA panel and see what the cheapest one you can get it. Its not going to be as bright as a TN but the colors are so so so so much better. The color on this viewsonic is so washed out and bland. Thank god i dont do web design on this hunk of crap.

£163 (and then add on delivery) is a huge leap from £108.50

My current monitor is a 19" TFT that has a 9ms response time, but it looks excellent with every game I play on it (CoD4, Assassin's Creed, etc.). Why would a shorter response time be worse?

I had an HP w2007 (20" 1680x1050 DVI/VGA HDCP supporting widescreen LCD) and it had excellent color and picture, worked with my 360 and PC...only issue was it had a dead pixel so I'm currently waiting for HP to send a replacement. If you can get one that doesn't have dead pixels, the HP w2007 is a great monitor. It costs $210 or so (got it with my laptop, probably got a discount).

I had an HP w2007 (20" 1680x1050 DVI/VGA HDCP supporting widescreen LCD) and it had excellent color and picture, worked with my 360 and PC...only issue was it had a dead pixel so I'm currently waiting for HP to send a replacement. If you can get one that doesn't have dead pixels, the HP w2007 is a great monitor. It costs $210 or so (got it with my laptop, probably got a discount).
I don't see what relevance that has to this topic (lol) but I'll bear that in mind.

Oh, my bad, i missed the part where you were getting it for 108. I was looking at the retail cost. Are you buying it used or is it just on sale somewhere?

Just another suggestion for a good monitor, I played some games on it and there were no signs of ghosting, don't know what the response time was on it but it looked great. I would think a 5ms response time would be great for gaming, so I don't see any issues with the monitor you have.

Just make sure to look for dead pixels, as they're common in LCD panels and you can probably get the panel replaced should yours have a defective pixel.

Oh, my bad, i missed the part where you were getting it for 108. I was looking at the retail cost. Are you buying it used or is it just on sale somewhere?
I have bought it on eBay. It's brand new. I was the only bidder during a quiet time earlier today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom