trying to remove software/services from boot up services

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hello,

i am trying to speed up my boot up process and started up msconfig and went to the services tab.

at present the following software seems to popup a-squared anti-malware and superantispyware. i guess in addition there are other software which starts up but i can not see it.
i found a-squared in the system configuration utility, unchecked it and restarted my machine, but a-squared started again. what else should i be doing. is there any way i can remove a-squared anti-malware from the services completely instead of just disabling it.

also when ever i start my machine, the system configuration utility comes up by itself, is there any way i can stop this?

i have got selective startup with all options checked
(i.e. process system.ini, process win.ini, load system service's load startup items.)

thanks for the reply,

i downloaded the utility, also deleted some entries from the registry as per the article below

if i delete the entry from the registry then will it just delete the program from the startup and not delete the program completely.

" The Registry. When all else fails, you may need to edit the Registry to remove items from Windows' startup. This should be a last resort, however, unless you are experienced and comfortable working with the Registry, as removing the wrong items from the Registry can cause major problems and even make your system unbootable. If you plan to edit the Registry, it's a good idea to create a backup copy first (see "Register Here" on page 23 for more information). If you took our earlier advice and are already taking precautions to back up all your system files, it's also a good idea to have a startup diskette on hand right about now. (See "Help Is Just A Diskette Away" on page 16 to learn more.)

To open the Registry, click Start and Run, then type regedit in the Open field and press ENTER. Click the plus sign next to the HKEY_ LOCAL_MACHINE entry in the left pane of the Registry Editor window to expand the directory. Scroll through it until you find the subdirectory SOFTWARE, then click its plus sign. From the expanded Software directory, use the same procedure to expand MICROSOFT, then WINDOWS, then CURRENT VERSION, and then RUN. To remove files from startup, click the appropriate Registry key in the right pane and press DELETE. Again, do not alter the Registry unless you have backed up your system in some way, know which files you want to delete, and feel confident doing so. If you see Registry keys that are unfamiliar, you may be able to search the Web to find information about their functions (and how critical it is to keep them). When you are done editing your Windows Registry, restart your computer."

That is not necessarily true. Some registry entries are use to run the application when click on the executable. So you could end up deleting the whole registry entry to run the applicaiton as well.

If you want a good Regitry Modifier. Registry Crawler.

The only freebie one that i know of. CCleaner. Regitry Crawler is paid but it is great. I have a copy of it myself. It is a great tool to use.

Almost all of the real Regitry mod apps are paid. There was Regitry Repair, Registry Mechanic but those jsut scan and fix. Crawler is the only one i know of that actually lets you search for a specific one and remove just those entries.

I try to help. Glad you got some space cleaned up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom