External Hard Drive Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanders2021

Beta member
Hi,

I just registered and I have a quick question. I have a Western Digital 500 GB external hard drive, on which I store a lot of music. Normally when I plug it in, it comes up as the H: drive. However, it has recently been showing up as the F: drive, and my iTunes library is not recognizing the songs because they are now in a new drive. Rather than delete the entire library and re-import all my songs, I'd prefer to just get my external hard drive to show up as the H: drive again. Anyone know what the problem is/how to fix it?

Thanks a lot for any help anyone can provide!

right click on my computer , click manage in the sub menu.

disk management. find the drive. right click it and click change drive letter and paths. You should be able to change it to H as long as nothing else is using it.

right click on my computer , click manage in the sub menu.

disk management. find the drive. right click it and click change drive letter and paths. You should be able to change it to H as long as nothing else is using it.
Wow! Thanks a ton! That worked like a charm :)

I don't understand why the music is not also on your main Drive C.

If it is important to you it should be backed up, so it is already on the external drive, but if that drive were to die, where else is your data?

My music is not on my C: drive cause i format alot and with a 160GB of music it isnt that easy to backup regularly. This way i have a drive just for my music and i dont have to worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom