Touch screen connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mevans

Solid State Member
Afternoon guys,
I just bought a second user POS screen to put on the computer in the kitchen. Having purchased it I have discovered that it is touch screen. Now if I could get this working it would make life a bit better as I wouldnt have the keyboard and mouse hogging all the space on the kitchen units.
Does anybody know how they connect to the computer. All I was sold with it was a power lead and the video lead. It works fine as a monitor, but would really like to set it up as a touch screen.
No free connections on the back although there is a hidden connection on the side. I have a picture, but cant copy and paste the link. Its just 24 pins, 12 on each row.
Any help mucho appreciated

Mat

DSCF0522.jpg

Always helps doesnt it!
Its a IBM 4820 T.
Having had a look around it looks like the touck screen is connected via the VGA connector, so will only work with specific POS machines, but if anyone has a way round it I would be over the moon!

Thanks

Mat

One thing you will need is drivers for the thing. Even if you have the correct cable, without touch screen drivers you are screwed. In fact, we have one here that had the wrong drivers installed and it caused all sorts of problems with the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom