need a mobo for new build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
well i need a mobo for this build and i can't seem to decide, hopefully you guys can help me out.

The first board i wanted was a 780i...but then i was thinking and im never going to go tri sli so why not get the 750i.

But in a 1/1.5 years im going to prob move to ddr3 (because it will prob have come way down in price by then...hopefully, well if it hasn't im prob going to upgrade the board anyway.) and i don't really want to spend that much on a mobo if im going to upgrade it any way so now im thinking a p5k-e... but a question i have is it say it supports crossfire...but it doesn't say anything about sli, so does that mean it doesn't support sli?

Is there any other boards you would recomend, i wouldn't mind being flexible with sli in the futer and i need 45nm support. (ddr2 1066 support would also be nice but 800 is good)

Keep in mind i would like to keep the price as low as possible, and yes im going to be ocing.
Thanks

hmmm...that board looks nice..it is 160 at ncix (i live in canada)

it says= 4 xSATA 3 Gb/s ports --- since sata is 1.5 i am guessing it supports sata II which is that speed...thats good.

So now i have changed to this board lol.

Any other board guys?

if you read my post puddle you would have seen i have already considered the evga 750i...i would rather not spend that much =D.

if you read my post puddle you would have seen i have already considered the evga 750i...i would rather not spend that much =D.

Sorry.

To answer your question about the p5k-e, only motherboards with nvidia chipsets support sli. Since the p5k-e is a p35 Intel chipset it doesn't support sli.

Also if a mother board support Crsoofire then it will not support SLi. 2 different technologies. I have yet to find a mobo that support both.

Crossfire is ATi/AMD
SLi is nVidia

Competiting companies. Competiting technologies. ;)

As far as I know Skulltrail is the only motherboard that supports both sli and crossfire but it should for $660.

Thanks for that info PJ. I have yet to read up on SkullTrail. But i believe you are right on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom