Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you change the voltages or leave it on auto?
I left it on auto.

I read an article on overclocking and the author said to keep below 70°C. For what it's worth, Core Temp was reporting those temperatures before I had even started overclocking.

RealTemp reports the core temperatures as 52-55°C

My computer is extremely quiet, but the hard drive is very loud. I can heard it crunching away, writing data. Should my hard drive be audible?

Yup you are wrong :p

60c is perfectly fine, Intel states the max Tcase temp to be 71.4C, and that's just the IHS...so the cores can get much hotter.

Did you change the voltages or leave it on auto?

And that is why I add my disclaimers...now does that go for AMD as well? My 5000+ is around 2.6ghz at 49C, no issues bumping the voltages to run it at 3.0ghz where it runs around mid 50s?

I just remember that when i was OCing my 3600+ people were warning me to stay at or below 50c at load.

I left it on auto.

I read an article on overclocking and the author said to keep below 70°C. For what it's worth, Core Temp was reporting those temperatures before I had even started overclocking.

RealTemp reports the core temperatures as 52-55°C

My computer is extremely quiet, but the hard drive is very loud. I can heard it crunching away, writing data. Should my hard drive be audible?

You should change voltages manually, because the auto function will just result in the mobo cranking up voltage unnecessarily.

Try 1.375V, if its stable then knock it down a notch or 2, if its stable knock it down another notch...etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom