Rebuilding VAIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

phucng_10

Fully Optimized
Hey everyone, I'm back, I hope I'm back, lol... well anyways, my dad is wanting me to rebuild the VAIO I destroyed last year when I was trying to dust out everything.. what a bummer.

So, it has a P4 processor and some crappy motherboard, crappy video card, I'll just say everything isn't what you'll expect in a computer nowadays.

By the way, this computer is going to be used by the family and for my little brother to play MapleStory and other games he usually plays.

Could anybody suggest me some very cheap parts that would run the old VAIO long enough before we need to upgrade again?

What is wrong with the computer???? kind of hard to suggest parts when we don't know what is broken or present............

Which P4 some are L775 socket others are 478/9 (cant remember exactly :s)??
Psu it would help with graphics selection??
Actual model number of the VAIO............

What parts are broke/screwed?

Yep yep.

Here's the model.
Sony eSupport - PCV-RX650 - Manuals / Specs / Warranty

Alright so if everyone does remember from when I first joined Tech-Forums, I was ranting about my VAIO dieing out on me and b1gapl came out and helped me quite a lot.

Anyways, from what I've seen so far (or remember so far) my motherboard is fried, monitor's lifespan is almost dieing out, and it's running on a 478 socket (Pentium 4). I was thinking about swapping my E6600 and getting a Q6600 for my current computer but I don't want to throw the P4 away since I can still use it.

Could you guys help me choose some up to date aftermarket parts that'll enable me to run the P4? If not, then I'll think about swapping my E6600 with it.

So you need a new motherboard and a new monitor? The most annoying thing to replace and one of the most expensive things to replace. Are you sure about the motherboard being fried? Also what exactly is wrong with the monitor that its dying?

If its being used for games like Maple Story a P4 should be just fine.

Not quite edit: Looking at the specs now... WOW I didn't know they even made P4s that slow. Ram is bad too.... I'm not even sure if that graphics card would be able to run Maple Story.. oh well. To be honest I'm not sure if its worth fixing... I wouldn't go by my opinion though...

Haha, yeah I was playing MapleStory on that computer too. Lag spikes were everywhere and happening every 10 seconds or so.

Yes, I'm pretty sure my motherboard is fried since I placed it on my thighs and didn't know. Also the monitor was dying because red pixels were screening through the monitor.

the video card or whatever you have in it is probably causing the red pixels instead of the monitor itself

the video card or whatever you have in it is probably causing the red pixels instead of the monitor itself

Yeah that sounds more like a video card thing. When is it happening? All the time or just somethings? If its sometimes its just your card, which is good.

Placing your mobo on your thigh shouldn't fry it as far as I know...

I mean if you're filled with static electricity >_>. Regardless you said you were playing on it. If its working its clearly not fried.

I'd strongly suggest buying a cheap agp card. Hopefully that'll fix any problem you're having with it. How much ram does it have and what speed?

Yeah that sounds more like a video card thing. When is it happening? All the time or just somethings? If its sometimes its just your card, which is good.

Placing your mobo on your thigh shouldn't fry it as far as I know...

I mean if you're filled with static electricity >_>. Regardless you said you were playing on it. If its working its clearly not fried.

I'd strongly suggest buying a cheap agp card. Hopefully that'll fix any problem you're having with it. How much ram does it have and what speed?

Nope, the problem with the monitor is with the monitors' itself. The VAIO is currently unable to be used because I don't have a PSU, nor RAM, nor anything except for those parts I've listed. I have already tried the VAIO monitor on my 7600GT and it's the monitors' problem.

I'm currently using my newly built system which I built last summer after my VAIO was screwed over.

Nope, the problem with the monitor is with the monitors' itself. The VAIO is currently unable to be used because I don't have a PSU, nor RAM, nor anything except for those parts I've listed. I have already tried the VAIO monitor on my 7600GT and it's the monitors' problem.

I'm currently using my newly built system which I built last summer after my VAIO was screwed over.

Oh alright. You really have to say things like "I need ram, a PSU and a monitor."

You can't just list what you do have and expect people to just guess at what you don't have.

Thats going to cost a few hundred probably. Maybe less if you can buy it used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom