Will these parts work together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the replies. I actually like the 900 and I bought it mostly for looks:D

About the power supply. Right now I have a Thermaltake 430W.
I know most of you would not recamend it, but since I already have it, I was hoping it would work until I can get something better. And before you tell me to throw it out, keep in mind that I am only going to have one HDD, 7 fans, and a cheap video card, so I was thinking 430W would be enough.
Am I right to assume this?

With that Q6600 however it will be tough. I recommend not trying to overclock your Q6600 very high at all with such low amperage (if any). Stock or VERY mildly overclock yes it will work with a weak video card.

Actually I have a q6600 and an e2200. I was first going to mess with the e2200 in case I screw something up, I didn't want it to be the q6600.
Should I be just as careful with the e2200, or can I be more aggressive?

the e2200 is a much better option to overclock with as it uses half the watts a Q6600 does. You can play around and overclock it to the max without having to worry too much about the amperage. You might even be able to get the E2200 clocked HIGHER than your Q6600 can go. Even though it only has 2 cores it would be faster in games and other things that don't utilize 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom