My New NZXT Tempest, Finally! (Pics!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, aspire... ill work on those other ones, but heres some pics of the actual case for now... :)

DSCN0415.jpg

DSCN0417.jpg

DSCN0421.jpg

DSCN0422.jpg

DSCN0426.jpg

:D - RK

Thank god the top panel doesn't look like arse like the 900.

I'd take a dremel to those top fan mounts and get rig of those X support bars on each or w/e you want to call em.

Aside from that I think it looks top notch.

Paint the inside plz :)

Holy Antec 900 rip-off batman!

Nice case with the dual top fans however I think the Antec 900 still looks better becuase of the side panel.

The fans are still two 140mm though compared to 1 200mm which increases noise for similar airflow. Plus i like having the keys etc holder ontop of my Antec. Still i would consider buying a tempest if i had to choose.

It's a case, it's kind of difficult to make something really revolutionary...

Honestly though I found the 900 to be terribly cramped, the top 200mm fan hardly moved any air, and the side window was just fuglier than ****...

But I guess a lot of it comes down to personal preference.

I think the Tempest comes as a more subdued, bigger, and sleeker looking 900.

Also replacement 140mm fans aren't that difficult to come by so you could replace them if you wanted.

Wow, So when is Antec sueing NZXT for that one? That is an exact replica of the 900. It looks real nice though, I like it. It's smoother looking than the 900 in my opinion.

Holy Antec 900 rip-off batman!
Nice case with the dual top fans however I think the Antec 900 still looks better becuase of the side panel.
The fans are still two 140mm though compared to 1 200mm which increases noise for similar airflow. Plus i like having the keys etc holder ontop of my Antec. Still i would consider buying a tempest if i had to choose.

ah, but with the two 140mm's... you can put in a radiator for easy watercooling, without modding! thats the biggest reason i bought this one... well that, and my RX-9 was really just getting on my nerves... and this has a nice sized shelf on the top of it for keys, ipod, flashdrives, etc... i like it haha

hmm looks good man.

thanks! im suuuper pleased with it :D

Thank god the top panel doesn't look like arse like the 900.
I'd take a dremel to those top fan mounts and get rig of those X support bars on each or w/e you want to call em.
Aside from that I think it looks top notch.
Paint the inside plz :)

i think ill leave the top panel... doesnt look tootoo bad... but its better than the 900 for sure in a lot of ways...
any suggests for how to go about painting the inside? cuz i think i would like to as well...

It's a case, it's kind of difficult to make something really revolutionary...
Honestly though I found the 900 to be terribly cramped, the top 200mm fan hardly moved any air, and the side window was just fuglier than ****...
But I guess a lot of it comes down to personal preference.
I think the Tempest comes as a more subdued, bigger, and sleeker looking 900.
Also replacement 140mm fans aren't that difficult to come by so you could replace them if you wanted.

i agree with just about all of that...
and about it being a A900 rip-off... naw... its better... they improved tons of things that were notsogreat about the 900... but yea, it IS hard to make something entirely new... and why try to fix whats (for the most part) not broken? i think they fixed what WAS, and not this case will dominate the gaming case market... just mebbe... :)
things i enjoy alot so far: the doors and case are a pretty solid slab of what i think is steel (mebbe aluminum) and are alot more sturdy than my current aluminum/plastic ones... its still pretty light tho...
the airflow is going to be AMAZING i can already tell... (tho i might replace some fans with silent models... suggestions?)
and just... idk, everything! its great so far, not a single complaint :D
pics in like... two secs, *uploading - RK

Yes i agree I do find the Antec 900 cramped however after 4-5 hours of careful and strategic cable managment my case is VERY nice with all the wires managed how I like them. I finally moved up to the bigger leagues and bought a Corsair 520HX JUST for the modular and all finished cables (well i bought it becuase it's a frickin 520HX but i did want modular).

After you went through **** to make it look pretty it's nice to have something a little smaller for a change. Also yea it's preference really becuase I love the side panel design heh. Plus you water cool right? I can see where troubles would arise when watercooling a 900 however I and many others don't therefore it's a perfect case.

Last I got mine for $89 shipped mwahaha.

You can't sue for something looking similar...

"Your mouse looks just like our mouse"

"It's a freaking mouse... how different can they be?"

"Look at Microsoft's sidewinder :p"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom