Hmm...serious problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
So I usually dont leave my computer on at night except for like 50x total. So this one and only time I do leave it on downloading something on torrent. The next day I wake up and go to see the results, it has logged me off xfire and I cant bring up bitorrent. Strangely enough anytime I try to open any program ( including windows explorer ) it gives me the "application failed to initialize error." The only thing I can do is reboot and it works fine after that.

Just wondering though...has anyone ever experienced this problem where you can't open any program and it gives you that error? Should I be worried? Does it have any potential hardware problem hints? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

My computer is on pretty much 24/7 .. never really had that problem.

Maybe scan your computer for infections.

My computer is on pretty much 24/7 .. never really had that problem.

Maybe scan your computer for infections.

already did...

no one has any other advice/suggestions/comments?

I think my old computer had this problem too where all of a sudden when I turn back on the monitor, nothing works and gives the "application cant initialize" error. So im guessing this may be a OS issue?

It is a OS thing. But there has to be something that is causing it. I am guessing you have either Hibernate or Sleep mode enalbed. Which tells me that something you have, some device, that is not coming out of that and causing this issue.

Check for updated drivers.

It is a OS thing. But there has to be something that is causing it. I am guessing you have either Hibernate or Sleep mode enalbed. Which tells me that something you have, some device, that is not coming out of that and causing this issue.

Check for updated drivers.

I was guessing that too but in my power options everything is checked off except for turn off monitor...

check for updated drivers for what in particular?

Everything. Chipset first. Then sound, video, modem, jsut about everythign that is listed in your device manager. Check them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom