HELP! Registry Restore/Disabled Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

islandgirl

Beta member
Please help. I just used CCleaner to fix registry. I fixed the keys that were listed as uninstall leftovers. I did not do a reg backup in CCleaner. Big mistake. Those were not uninstall leftovers. Some of my programs no longer work. I did a Windows System Restore to the last checkpoint before I tampered with registry keys via CCleaner. It did not restore the registry, programs still don't work. I can't reinstall OS. Computer came with XP and programs on it.

i would say the only thing u can do there is to reinstall the programs in question. without a backup it will be verging impossible to recover the deleted registry keys...

Windows System Restore doesn't restore changes made to the registry? I can't reinstall programs. They came on the computer.

You can legally torrent a new copy because its legal to obtain your Media, they key determines the legality, and then use Jelly Bean Key Finder and use your current key

You can legally torrent a new copy because its legal to obtain your Media, they key determines the legality, and then use Jelly Bean Key Finder and use your current key

Thank you for the reply but I don't understand. I don't have a key for the software. Everything was pre-loaded on the computer. I lost all the Roxio/Sonic software: MyDVD, CD/DVD burning software, CinePlayer...

Try looking on the manufacturer's site. I'm assuming its an HP or Compaq, because I know they usually install MyDVD and Sonic on their systems. Try looking on the downloads page for your PC model and see if they provide a download for it.

If not, you can do what Vern suggested.

So what does system restore do? I thought it was supposed to restore changes made to the registry?

I have yet to see system restore fix anything.

Look at the discs that came with your PC or check the manufacturers site. :)

Windows System Restore doesn't restore changes made to the registry? I can't reinstall programs. They came on the computer.

Just because it came with stuff installed doesnt mean you cant get it from the net somewhere and install it again. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom