Difference between 32 or 64 bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaviston

Solid State Member
Hey it's my first post here on Tech Forums.

Had a simple question about Windows Vista. I'm planing on
puting together a new system, and was curious about the OS.

I built my current computer about 4 years ago, and it's time for a
new one! I recieved a free copy of Windows Vista for a study I did
for Microsoft, and loaded that on my PC about 8 months ago.

Anyways, it's the 32 bit version, and was wondering if I should get
the 64 bit OS for my new system... is there any noticable difference.

Lets say a...
Core 2 quad Q6600
Asus P5N-E 650i
Corsair 2GB pc800
8800 GT 512MB X1 (for now)
Segate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB

Yeah you should get the 64 bit version. Because the 32 bit will limit your CPU, your CPU would be waiting for 64 bit of information, but only 32 bit would come. So, if you want to take the advantage of your CPU, use the 64 bit one. There is actually some noticeable difference, the 64 bit one is faster. Just be sure that you can get drivers for everything.

Really? There is 64-bit and 32-bits of information? Tell me when you get this straight. Also 64-bit is faster?

Yeah you should get the 64 bit version. Because the 32 bit will limit your CPU, your CPU would be waiting for 64 bit of information, but only 32 bit would come. So, if you want to take the advantage of your CPU, use the 64 bit one. There is actually some noticeable difference, the 64 bit one is faster. Just be sure that you can get drivers for everything.

Wow. Now there is a new one. To bad that info is so wrong. 32 Bit can be jsut as fast as 64 Bit. Even faster. Get a Quad Core 32 BIt with 4GB of RAM and it will fly. 64 Bit is ONLY good with 64 Bit Apps. Not all apps are 64 bit so it has to emulate 32 bit to run them. So how is emulating 32 bit faster than running 32 Bit?

Just so wrong...

I hope that isnt on Wikipedia like that...

It is always a personal thing. I have never had a issue with Vista yet alot of people do. You do not need 64 Bit to take advantage of a system. You need to make sure you keep it clean and that will run it more efficently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom